What's new

Welcome to TerraMaps Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

[REL] Red Sea Map 1.3.3 for ETS2 1.42/ Promods(ME) 2.60

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OlafJ

[WIP] Red Sea Map 1.3 - Coming Soon

Hello everyone. It has been a long wait. But I am happy to let you know that the release of Red Sea 1.3 won't take to long anymore.
Most of the work has been done and we are now prepaing the map for testing and packing. We don't want to put a time frame yet on when the map will be n beta, but we're equally developing Red Sea and Road to Asia so Red Sea will be short after Road to Asia.

Futhermore we want to show you some work of our developers like the:
Wadi El Gamal National Park is a national park in Egypt. It is 7,450 square kilometres (2,880 sq mi) in size, including 4,770 square kilometres (1,840 sq mi) of land and 2,100 square kilometres (810 sq mi) of marine space.

Wadi El Gamal National Park made by Tedesco. A real work of art!

Entrance to Wadi El Gemal National Park, Egypt 🇪🇬

Marsa Alam, Egypt.

The El Tor area is getting a refresh by Renegade

Thank you all for the support and Stay tuned! 🇪🇬 🇸🇩
Expand you trucksim today.

Lead Developer: Tedesco
Participating Developers Pilot, Forze, ETS2 Player, Renegade
Modeler: SlenderSmoke
Research: Hysteria and Mohammed
And of course with the help of the whole TerraMaps Team

O

OlafJ

[WIP] Red Sea Map 1.3 - SURPRISE TEASER TRAILER

SURPRISE- Thanks to Tedesco

Here is the first teaser trailer for Red Sea 1.3.

So you are all hyped for Road to Asia. But we won't rest after the release. TerraMaps and and especially Tedesco is on fire now.
Starting tomorrow we are going to build up to the release of Red Sea 1.3. Tedesco and our Developers are doing thier final touches.
Yes, we are on fire. Tomorrow we want to celebrate our first anniversary. One year after Red Sea 1.0. From now on may will be TerraMaps month.
And we are only at the beginning of something that is going to be big. TerraMaps is here to stay.

Last but not least some last screenshots:

Wadi El Gamal National Park by night made by Tedesco. A real work of art!

Saudi Arabia is also expanding a little in Red Sea Map 1.3 - It will include new signs and two new towns; Alsharaf and Alkhuraybah!

Last city: Al Qusayr, Egypt

And the Rework of El Tor by Renegade:

Thank you all for the support and Stay tuned! 🇪🇬 🇸🇩 🇸🇦

Participating Developers Pilot, Forze, ETS2 Player

O

OlafJ

[WIP] Red Sea Map 1.3 - Big Update

Red Sea Map Version 1.3 Has entered it’s final development stage. Only small details left. It will enter beta testing very soon! Stay tuned. 🇪🇬 🇸🇩

OFFICIAL CHANGELOG FOR RED SEA 1.3

EGYPT 🇪🇬 Existing Country
-El Tor (Reworked City);
-Hurghada;
-Safaga, Port Safaga;
-Al Qusayr;
-Marsa Alam;
-Shalaten (Al Shalaten City);

HALA’IB TRIANGLE DISPUTED REGION 🇪🇬 🇸🇩 New Region
-Halayeb.

SUDAN 🇸🇩 New Country
-Muhammad Qol.

SAUDI ARABIA 🇸🇦 Existing Country (Still subject to change)
-Alsharaf;
-Alkhuraybah.

Futhermore we want to show you some work of our developers:

Sarfaga by night

Port in Sarfaga

Wadi El Gemal

Road to the inland of Saudi Arabia

Thank you all for the support and Stay tuned! 🇪🇬 🇸🇩 🇸🇦

O

OlafJ

[WIP] Red Sea Map 1.3 - Alpha Testing and Livestream

We are glad to inform you, on behalf of the TerraMaps team, that Red Sea Map Version 1.3 has finally finihed with ALPHA testing. This means the map, just like Road to Asia, is coming very soon! The first series of tests have be conducted in the Egypt-Sudan areas of the map. Once the map hits the BETA testing phase, Saudi Arabia will be tested, and it should be ready for a release!

We would also like to schedule a RELEASE LIVESTREAM for Red Sea 1.3 on Saturday, 1800UTC

Screenshots of the Egypt 🇪🇬 and Sudan Site 🇸🇩 of the Red Sea.

As always, stay tuned! 😄

Kortez

Reaction score
Hi guys, dear Terra Maps team...

I was just watching your stream about the new red sea map update. First of all, I must say that your work is admirable, so much content in a short time. Everything is atmospheric and original. What I like most is Sudan, its broken villages, bad roads, the border crossing to Egypt. It's beautiful and almost like in real life. Also Hurghada, a beautiful promenade full of hotels and just a few streets away from the real Egypt. Wadi el Gemal directly offers a stopover and spent a day at the beach. We are in Africa, time passes more slowly :) Shalateen is also a real gem - a typical African dirty city with a local "stinky" atmosphere.

Great job guys, really.

However, I would also like to write a few sentences about what I think could be improved. It's a positive critique, nothing wrong please. One of the biggest things that looks a little unrealistic is the transition from the desert to the cities of Marsa Alam and Quseir. You come from a holy desert and suddenly a wall and behind it a high-rise building. In my opinion, it would be better to make a gradual transition from countrysaid to urban. Start the city some garbage around the road, first low buildings, workshop warehouses, then higher and up to the city center tall residential buildings. It would look much more realistic.
I personally also lack some access to the sea in Marsa Alam. It is a tourist town, some streets on the beach with hotels would suit it. Please also avoid using some models - for example, a log cabin or a typical brick Czech family house with a tiled saddle roof in Muhammad Qol. There is also a Baltic gas station in the center of Alkhuraybah.
It would also be good to place some resting places along the roads - a dusty parking lot with some stalls with vegetables, or local fast food, tea rooms. In the middle of the desert, one would like to stop for the night.

Thank you again for your work. It's so refreshing when you can go from green Europe to another world.

Kortez.

O

OlafJ

Hi guys, dear Terra Maps team...

I was just watching your stream about the new red sea map update. First of all, I must say that your work is admirable, so much content in a short time. Everything is atmospheric and original. What I like most is Sudan, its broken villages, bad roads, the border crossing to Egypt. It's beautiful and almost like in real life. Also Hurghada, a beautiful promenade full of hotels and just a few streets away from the real Egypt. Wadi el Gemal directly offers a stopover and spent a day at the beach. We are in Africa, time passes more slowly :) Shalateen is also a real gem - a typical African dirty city with a local "stinky" atmosphere.

Great job guys, really.

However, I would also like to write a few sentences about what I think could be improved. It's a positive critique, nothing wrong please. One of the biggest things that looks a little unrealistic is the transition from the desert to the cities of Marsa Alam and Quseir. You come from a holy desert and suddenly a wall and behind it a high-rise building. In my opinion, it would be better to make a gradual transition from countrysaid to urban. Start the city some garbage around the road, first low buildings, workshop warehouses, then higher and up to the city center tall residential buildings. It would look much more realistic.
I personally also lack some access to the sea in Marsa Alam. It is a tourist town, some streets on the beach with hotels would suit it. Please also avoid using some models - for example, a log cabin or a typical brick Czech family house with a tiled saddle roof in Muhammad Qol. There is also a Baltic gas station in the center of Alkhuraybah.
It would also be good to place some resting places along the roads - a dusty parking lot with some stalls with vegetables, or local fast food, tea rooms. In the middle of the desert, one would like to stop for the night.

Thank you again for your work. It's so refreshing when you can go from green Europe to another world.

Kortez.
Sorry to hear that the Red Sea isn't quite what you expected. But luckily most players absolutely love it.
You forget that this is a map with the scale 1:19. So there is not a lot of space to build a city and it costs a lot of time and work. We're trying to build it as realistically as possible, but this is the best we'll make of it right now.
We often listen to advice, but in this case we choose to simply ignore it.

Kortez

Reaction score
Olaf, I absolutely love your map as well, as I wrote it. I know how hard it is to build everything.
My comment were for good reasons. To make your map even better in the future than it is now. I'm sorry you got it wrong. I always thought feedback was a good thing.

Pilot

CEO
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Researcher
Modelers
Reaction score
As Olaf stated, we apologize our free map isn't to your liking. Should you wish to apply the map to your preferences, consider applying to be a developer here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFn5tl04ieIrSpveqpQ1MkJcullR_2L7MI2n-QK73wJQDGxA/viewform

If you are accepted into the team, we'll happily assign you to those areas that were not to your satisfaction above and you can rebuild them.

Edit: I shared this with one of our developers, he was interested in hearing about your experiences in Marsa Alam, your time there, and maybe some of your photos from when you were there

Kortez

Reaction score
Pilot, thanks for offering me to join Terramaps here, but I can't mapping, and I don't think I'd ever learn that. But I hope that doesn't mean I can't say some ideas, right?

I say again that I respect all developers. And I understand that they do their job as best they can. I never said that Red sea map was not according to my ideas or that I didn't like it. I am glad that thanks to you we have such a great map ...

I've never been to Marsa Alam. I've never been to Egypt. All my information is from google earth and photos.

I won't say anything anymore. Any feedback that does not only include praise is always considered a provocation in the world of ETS 2. I never meant that. I wish you good luck and let the map develop in the best way for you and the players.

Pilot

CEO
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Researcher
Modelers
Reaction score
I was making a point. You provide criticism yet when faced with an opportunity to make a difference, you refuse. You also offered ways to improve our cities in hard to reach areas, yet you have no prior experience of physically visiting them. With that being said, how can your feedback hold any value, with all due respect?

The map is free, the services provided by all parties involved are volunteered, and the developers including myself provide an artistic rendition of these hard areas to map due to lack of resources. We welcome criticism from within; we have a team of 30 where we get raw criticism so we can all help shape the map - the team is composed of people from all backgrounds of life, experience with the game, editor, community, other map mods, and researchers who actually live in the areas we are mapping.

Furthermore, we never asked for your feedback or advice. Unwelcomed and uninvited criticism is just that - unwelcomed. If we were seeking outside nd communal criticism, we would showcase our maps on "show your work" channels on RoEx, ProMods, and Reforma servers. There are even times we ask our own Discord community their advice on where to take our maps too, what areas are wanted, and we also consult our Patreons as well.

Speaking of ProMods, I'm confident you also provided your uninvited criticism to them regarding how they structured PMME cities since we used that same approach when designing Marsa Alam and Al Qusayr? As Olaf expressed, 1:19 is a tough scale to deal with while still trying to capture the essence of the atmosphere of this hard to map region.

So, if you are wondering why your criticism is normally met with resistance, ask yourself - who are you in the end to offer your criticism? I mean all of this in the most polite way possible so you don't just think we are all dicks here thinking we are perfect because I assure you, we are not perfect and we improve with each day and amazingly we do it without your criticism or involvement.

To conclude, my advice to you is to simply enjoy the game, enjoy the maps, or don't enjoy the game and don't enjoy the maps, that decision is entirely up to you. I also advice you if you want to get involved in map modding development, to seek out resources which are plenty to get going, like Lethal Arayas tutorials, Stefan E tutorials, MandelSoft's Advanced Techniques tutorials, SCS's modding wiki, and hopefully in a few months we'll have our own TerraMaps course up and running.

Kortez

Reaction score
Yes, I also expressed this opinion on the Promods forum (page 43, ME Development) and received a clear, brief answer. ME is crowded with cities, I understand 1:19. I thought there was more space at the Red Sea if the countryside was a flat desert. All your other cities have a smooth transition from the countryside to the center (Shalaten, Safaga). That's why I wrote it. if it doesn't work, ok, it doesn't work...

Finally, I would like to quote your sentence when you introduced your new forum on ROEX: "The forum is still new and not much is happing yet. But with you help we hope to change things." (Olaf, ROEX Forum, Red Sea map, page 17).

Let's close this thing, My opinion is just an opinion. If someone tells me that I can do something differently, I thank them, even if I do things my way in the end. You don't care about opinions from the outside, I respect that and I mean all of this in the most polite way possible too.

BtW I'm really looking forward to 1.3, never in my life would it have occurred to me that with ETS2 we'll get to Sudan one day :)

Last edited:

Pilot

CEO
Staff member
Admin
Developer
Researcher
Modelers
Reaction score
I will agree with you on one thing - your comments did help us grow some discussion and use in our forum, so thank you for that :)

O

OlafJ

I don't want to add fuel to the discussion :giggle:
It remains a point of eternal discussion, the choice between quality and quantity. Of course if our developers want it and put all the time and energy into it, anything is possible. But unfortunately the reality is different. Making a town that slowly builds from the desert to the town is really a lot of work because you always have to deal with the background behind it. It all has to match then.
So we understand your request to build a town from desert to town, but we can't do anything with it.
We would then have to recreate everything.
What Pilot is trying to say is that you have no idea how much work it is and you are welcome to try it for yourself. Then you won't be so quick to say this.
And you're not the first to try to give positive criticism, but in the end it all boils down to not being happy with what you've seen and it's not nice for any developer to hear such comments. Think of creating a map as a painting. There are people who like it and people who don't. But in the end it is the choice of the painter himself how he wants to make it.
I hope we have made our position a little clearer and we still hope you enjoy our map.

Edit: If you are member of RoEx or Promods and even the SCS forums. You will see that discussions over what someone thinks about a map frequently leads to flaming and SCS of Promods deleting our whole topic. We have experienced this regularly and that is one of the reasons to start our own forum. Ultimately, we're not saying you shouldn't criticize, but understand our position if we sometimes ignore criticism. We cannot make everyone happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kortez

Reaction score
Yes, yes Olaf, your map is amazing, and I also highlighted its qualities before I said a few things I would have liked otherwise.

I personally love maps that have a southern "dry" environment like ME, Project Turkey, Great Steppe and I'm very glad that you went in that direction. For example, Road to Asia is just 100% perfect. I am very much looking forward to further developments, it will be a surprise in which direction you decide to go further.

Everything in this area has great potential, especially if you can connect to Project Turkey or Maghreb Map one day in the future, it will just be great. It is simply a different world from a "perfect" settled Europe. Without these addons, ETS2 would have long since fallen into oblivion. :)

O

OlafJ

Thank you.
We have plans to connect to Maghreb map in the future.

And yes mapping a desert is for us really a different world from a "perfect" settled Europe. So bear with us. ;)

D

Deleted member 86

Здравствуйте друзья, сегодня впервые скачал и подключил карту Красного моря, что сказать? Я очень рад, спасибо всей вашей команде, вы делаете отличные карты

Status
Not open for further replies.
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8