What's new

Welcome to TerraMaps Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

[REL]Road to Africa 1.0.1 for ETS2 1.48

Ssfer

Reaction score
Олаф, почему мое сообщение было удалено? я ничего плохого не сказал

Ssfer

Reaction score
Вот и пишу на английском (через переводчика) спрашивал как проехать в некоторых местах без повреждений грузовика, хотел узнать есть ли альтернативные дороги? а ты удалил мое сообщение

English
So I am writing in English (through a translator) asking how to get through in some places without damaging the truck, I wanted to know if there are alternative roads? and you deleted my post

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OlafJ

Вот и пишу на английском (через переводчика) спрашивал как проехать в некоторых местах без повреждений грузовика, хотел узнать есть ли альтернативные дороги? а ты удалил мое сообщение

English
So I am writing in English (through a translator) asking how to get through in some places without damaging the truck, I wanted to know if there are alternative roads? and you deleted my post
If you use a translator why post a russian message?

In answer of you question:
No there a no alternative roads. You are in Africa. So just daminging your truck is very common. Just drive more carefully.

O

OlafJ

[REL] Road to Africa 1.0.1: Update for ETS 1.48 Released

Fellow TerraTruckers and everyone,

Road to Africa is now updated for ETS version 1.48.

Official Link: https://terramaps.net/download

Changelog:
- Compatibility added for 1.48
- Bugfixes from version 1.0.

Load Order
RTAF Def/Map
RTAF Models 1
RTAF Models 2

Premium Downloads

Road to Africa Fast Download is for sale now for $2.50 USD. This helps cover our server costs and the high demand for this new release as well as the massive map size! It will only take about 35-45 seconds depending on your internet speed to download (Not guaranteed, download speeds may vary).

Please consider our Premium Downloads! Have you noticed all of those custom assets and fancy models? They are a direct result of your premium purchases! Not only does it help support future expansions and TerraMaps expenses, but you will receive a one zip file without any advertisements or pop ups and the download will be as fast as your internet will allow! Your support is greatly appreciated and motivates us to continue our expansion plans! We would absolutely appreciate your premium downloads! Should you run into a pop-up error for whatever reason (rare), please let us know in admin-support so we can assist you! Do not open a PayPal dispute, this will take longer to process and is only monitored once a week. An ⁠admin-support ticket will resolve issues a lot quicker.

EULA/Mod Reshare Disclaimer: You do not have permission to reupload our map. Many of you guys have been in compliance which we appreciate, but a select few we have you on a watch list. We are monitoring, especially after this initial release, so do not reupload our hard work hours that have gone into this project!

Expand your truck sim today!

Vitaly1981

Reaction score

No there a no alternative roads. You are in Africa. So just daminging your truck is very common. Just drive more carefully.

No there a no alternative roads. You are in Africa. So just daminging your truck is very common. Just drive more carefully
But this cannot be done, there are roads in Africa, it's just too lazy to redo it

O

OlafJ

But this cannot be done, there are roads in Africa, it's just too lazy to redo it
Are you claming that we are lazy?
The road are meant this way. If you don't want to drive difficult roads, don't go there!

Vitaly1981

Reaction score
Are you claming that we are lazy?
The road are meant this way. If you don't want to drive difficult roads, don't go there!
These roads are not designed for euro cars, in Africa they drive on an inflated suspension, this is not the case in the game, or make a video of how you can drive there

O

OlafJ

Complaints about the roads being difficult to drive on and the weather being too rainy are starting to get a little tiresome.
Qule has given its own ideas and experience to the map, which has been tested and evaluated by the Patreons. It is up to the creator of the map to give his own interpretation of how he wants the map to look and feel.
If you don't like this, don't play this map or drive in Europe.
The roads in Africa are not meant for the normal European truck. For this you need a truck that can handle the terrain. We try to map as much reality as possible.
Check this video

And if you think it can be better. No one is stopping you from making your own map of Africa. Good luck!

imxiaoanag

Reaction score
I experienced country missing when comboed with Maghreb. When I place RTAF above Maghreb, Maghreb’s country disappear. When I put Maghreb above, RTAF’s disappear. What actually happened and what can I do to solve this problem?

Tomsun66

Reaction score
@OlafJ Would it be a good idea to have a seperate thread for bug reports? And also a discussion/proposal thread?
KR Thomas

Tomsun66

Reaction score
i copy what i wrote in the RoeX Forum

Re: [REL]Road to Africa 1.0.1 for ETS2 1.48 by TerraMaps

Post by Tomsun66 » September 16th, 2023, 6:06 pm

Overall i have to say very promising also for the future, therefore the curiosity for the further development. Lybia has a lot of possibilities (road along the shore of the medsea towards egypt a lot of streets and towns westbound towards Tunesia and Algeria. Also the possibilities towards the south. Sudan and egypt along the river nil. On the long term djungle in Congo, dem. rep. congo, uganda, Atlantik shore, lots of directions possible, i would say for more than a generation of work.
Perhaps @olaf28 can do a little spoiler what are the ideas. I'm divided between more detailing the current covered area and extending the area towards interesting new landscapes and difficulties on the road (but i think there the simulation modell is wrong and has go more like spintires.

Unfortunately i have the strong feeling that nearly all bug reports and discussion regarding Terramaps Maps is held in the RoeX-Forum and not in the Terramaps-forum

Tomsun66

Reaction score
Hi olaf just saw you were active.
as a constructive criticism, my impression was that the thread in Roex forum was nearly the official one. i would suggest that you create a subtopic "Bug reports" in the Road to Africa topic (Same for the other maps) , that you modify the first post regarding the official threads in the Terramaps-forum with links.

What i saw in the SCS forum (i don't know how long they do it) if they acknowledged a bug report they gave them an incident number, so the other readers can see it will be solved soon or sooner.

For the bug reports its worth to know if multiple bugs can be combined in one report, or if every little bug/flaw has to be reported separately.

To be honest i didn't find really bugs, but a lot of flaws. It is a great find to ride along the tracks. Your mapscreenshot shows an WIP-staus as the southern part is not in the distribution yet, but it shows the current direction (Welcome to the jungle). Does terramaps also going to detail egypt an Lybia more ? Ithink about the mediterranean coast (Connection Alexandria-Tripolis) and the Nile-valley. Of course thats all a question of manpower, but i would be interesting to see the roadmap of this project First Capetown or first detailing.

Kind regards

Thomas

Tomsun66

Reaction score
Nothing changed in the version for ETS2 1.49, also no respond here in that thread, is this forum dead? Or just unable to handle bug reports and criticism?

Tomsun66

Reaction score
Yes Tapir, BUT if Dischord is THE ONLY WAY to get in contact and to report bugs WHY IS THIS FORUM HERE?
The thread of Road to Africa in the RoeX Forum much more makes the Impression to be the official Thread for Terramaps Products.
If you see the same bugs for several iterations of the mod and they are claimed since several iterations, you get the impression the modders don't even test their product, neither there is a mod informing the modders about bug reports.
Does any of the modders EVER been to this forum?
Both Mapmods Road to Asia and Road to Africa are very enjoyable products. But if a Map community have its own forum this forum should be used and not orphaned.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8